Between Apple’s privacy settings and the forthcoming changes on Google; digital marketing agencies, social media managers, and businesses in general are having a hard time navigating the new digital norm.
Data shows, that social media ads and lead generation funnels will have a fluctuation in volume and engagement throughout Q2 and Q3. Basically because of the iOS 14.5 new privacy settings, Google’s sandbox and no third-party cookies that have a direct impact on reach and tracking.
Simply put, a good number of social media marketing agencies will need to go the extra mile and pivot to increase campaign performance.
Here, at Gabby Rendon, we focus on connecting our customers with the right audience, designing strategies based on context, content and intent. We’ve been preparing for this moment way before the digital marketing went on a diet.
Having a strategy offering creative and valuable content that converts is by far the best (and cost-effective) strategy for branding, growing your email list and most importantly, own your data.
If you are a businesses using tons of digital advertisement, let me tell you there’s a new kid on the block you really want to invite and play with!
Keep reading and learn about Google Responsive Search Ads, the default Google ad type this Summer.
GR Notes #2 Google’s Responsive Search Ads (RSAs)
Simply put, RSAs make ads more flexible and bringing better results to the user because they are based on search intent.
- Responsive Search Ads identify the best combination of headlines and descriptions delivering the right ad to the right person. In fact, we’ve seen advertisers that add responsive search ads in their ad groups achieve up to 10% more clicks and conversions.
How Does RSAs Work?
- The creative process is the same: content, copy and keyword search. The difference would be on the effectiveness of the headline-description combination.
- Use Ad strength, focusing on the effectiveness rate and specific action or item(s) you want the audience to react.
- Customize the ads using location insertion, which could be a physical place, area of interest or your customer’s location.
- Let your audience know about upcoming events and create a sense of urgency (countdown) for them to take action.
- Trust Smart Bidding, it can optimize your cost based on data from all of your campaigns, so even new campaigns without data of their own may see increased performance.
- Include broad match keywords on the settings, this way you attract more visitors to your website, spend less time building keyword lists, and focus your spending on keywords that work.
- Google will continue expanding the use of AI to understand queries, rank relevant results and get higher quality results to user’s questions.
- Privacy settings and no tracking options will only get stronger, Google encourages every business owner to maximize the value of their first-party data (a.k.a. web traffic, emails, DM, SMS).
- Responsive Search Ads will be the norm for digital campaigns and will likely end up taking a larger share of the advertisement market, especially now that Facebook is reluctant to comply with some countries’ requirements.
What are GR Notes?
We believe valuable content should be accessible, that is why we created GR Notes, a free resource with important information for marketers, businesses, and creative geniuses who want to keep ahead of the competition.
Every week we will be sharing highlights, key points, and foreseeable trends on digital marketing topics that matter to you. Think of GR Notes as flashcards, but way better.
Down the rabbit hole
Better known as that extra just for the geek inside you ;)
- Signals: Identifiable attributes about a person or their context at the time of a particular auction.
- Apple Staff “User Privacy and Data Use,” accessed on 03/05/2021,
- Bent, Sylvanus., “Grow clicks and conversions by using responsive search ads: the new default ad type for Search campaigns,” 02/28/2021,
- Langner, Belinda., “Helping app developers prepare for Apple’s iOS 14 ATT policy updates,” 01/27/21,
Whether you need a one time service or looking for a marketing partner, we have options that fit your needs and budget. We work with women-owned small businesses in the following niches: coaching, professional services, education and organic/natural beauty care niche.
You can have a SEO marketing partner that helps your business have more visibility, attract more clients, and increase customer referrals.
Focus on growing your business while we do the heavy lifting.