Content marketing is a powerful way to establish your presence on search engines and social media. It involves the creation and sharing of online material like videos, blogs, posts, and downloadable material that do not explicitly promotes a product or service but it is intended to grab your audience’s attention and pique their interest.
Importance of content marketing
Content marketing helps you have a more intimate connection with your customers because you share quality valuable information that would more likely motivate visitors to your website to feel more engaged and motivated to take action after consuming your content.
Content marketing is not only about blogging and videos, you can combine different types of content, like e-books, educational videos, podcasts, and infographics to create a cohesive message.
3 benefits of content marketing for small businesses
In a nutshell, content marketing drives visitors to your website when you offer high-quality and interesting content to your audience, generating leads and growing sales.
- Users rely on search engines to find answers to their questions and challenges. When you use compelling stories that engage readers’ attention through storytelling techniques like infographics and case studies with testimonials from real customers, your small business can increase its online visibility by driving traffic back to your website where you are able to create more on-site content which will help you achieve higher domain authority.
- More quality posts and pages indexed on search engines give you more opportunities to rank in more search queries. When you collaborate with other small businesses with a guest post or new articles, your referral traffic and social traction (and followers) grow improving conversion potential for visitors who have been exposed to the brand via search engines and other digital channels.
- Creating content that answers your audience’s challenges and questions builds stronger customer relationships and improves brand reputation because it helps people feel confident about purchasing something from you so much so that they’ll share your story across social platforms leading others down this same path towards making a purchase decision themselves.
Main challenges for small businesses when it comes to content marketing.
Google has made it very clear that if you want your website to rank, you need to publish quality, relevant content for your audience constantly, and here is what almost every small business owner struggles with. Content marketing has many advantages, but there are three main challenges every small business has when creating content for its brand.
- It is time-consuming. This is the number one reason why small businesses do not include content marketing in their strategy. Simply put, there is not enough time in a small business operation to do market research, competitive analysis, keyword research, and write about 1,000 words per article. And that is not counting editing, uploading, and engagement.
- It can be tricky to come up with new ideas. Your content competes against the cutest kitty on the internet. Coming up with relevant and useful topics to keep your audience engaged is a challenge for many small business owners, but focusing on solving a problem, or educating your audience on how to use your products is a good way to start brainstorming new ideas.
- Keeping up with the latest updates and trends is exhausting. Updates to search engine algorithms and social media platforms impact content in different ways: distribution, reach, engagement and traffic. For a small business owner keeping track of updates might be fun in the beginning, but as the business grows and orders come steady, it is hard to index and drive traffic.
Creating a unique and interesting content strategy is a long-term goal to position your brand, promote your business and grow a loyal fan base that will generate constant leads and sales.
Content marketing goes beyond boosting your engagement and establishing the tone of voice for your brand, it creates authority and trust.
If you want a solid content marketing strategy that creates long-term results for your small business, consider cost-effective solutions like outsourcing.
Whether you need a one-time service or looking for a marketing partner, we have options that fit your needs and budget. We work with women-owned small businesses in the following niches: coaching, professional services, education, and organic/natural beauty care niche.
You can have an SEO marketing partner that helps your business have more visibility, attract more clients, and increase customer referrals.
Focus on growing your business while we focus to improve your SEO.